Classroom based schedule
D1 – Wine Production
19 th March, 2024 from 9am to 6pm
20 th March, 2024 from 9am to 6pm
21 th March, 2024 from 9am to 3pm
D2 – Wine Business
21 th March,2024 from 3:30pm to 6pm
22 th March,2024 from 9h30pm to 3pm
Exam D1 03 may, 2024
Exam D2 12 Jun, 2024
Student are obliged to sit exams D1 & D2 before siting other examinations (to be added).
What is the WSET 4 – Diploma? The Diploma deepens your understanding of how and why wine production and business factors influence the style, quality, and price of wines.
How? Your expertise is built both theoretically, through comprehensive study of a large number of wine regions, and practically, by developing your wine tasting skills to an expert level.
Successful graduates acquire exceptional analytical skills and proficiency in evaluative wine tasting, gaining global recognition as authoritative wine specialists.
- The program is designed for candidates to complete in between 24 to 36 months.
- The study material is entirely available online; its subscription is valid for 36 months.
- The diploma program is only available in English; a good level of communication skills is mandatory for candidates.
- It is mandatory to be approved in both Theory and Tasting exams of the WSET Level 3 Awards in Wine.
Foundation Units: D1 and D2
Product Knowledge Units: D3, D4, D5 and D6
WSET Nível 4 – D1 Wine Production
- Vine requirements
- Anatomy of the vine and grape
- Grape growing options, explaining and evaluating the different approaches and how these options affect grape yields, quality and the final wine produced
- Natural factors in the vineyard and how they influence the vine’s ability to produce grapes for wines of different styles, quality levels and price
- Winemaking and post-fermentation options and how they influence the style, quality and price of wines.